Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: which of The L word characters are you?

which of The L word characters are you? 4 years 8 months ago #7679

• fire_eagle79
my answer is bette.

how about you? :lol: :lol: :lol:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: which of The L word characters are you? 4 years 8 months ago #7687

• fish
mine was shane but i guess i'm more on dana now..hehhe

Re: which of The L word characters are you? 4 years 8 months ago #7689

• fire_eagle79
whoah!!! you're a player??? lol!

Dana's sporadic. One moment she's with Alice, one moment she's with the Chef... then with her manager and so on and so forth.

Though she was cut off from the series earlier due to a breach of contract and their producer didn't like it. :dry: :dry: :dry: :dry: Despite the fact, that there are a lot of fans and requests that would want her back... she was just inserted as a guest "ghost" in season 4 and 5 when Alice was going through a dilemma.

Guess that's the bad side of falling for your bff! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by fire_eagle79.

Re: which of The L word characters are you? 4 years 8 months ago #7694

• Ninar Lbw
  • Junior
  • Thank you received: 4
Shane with a long hair ;)

Re: which of The L word characters are you? 4 years 8 months ago #7697

• usherette1984
  • Thank you received: 4
Alice. I'd rather be someone else, but can't help being Alice :)

Re: which of The L word characters are you? 4 years 8 months ago #7708

• fire_eagle79
is anybody here like "jennifer schecter"? :silly: :silly: :silly:

Re: which of The L word characters are you? 4 years 8 months ago #7709

• duangkamol
  • Expert
  • Thank you received: 23
First couple of seasons I was neutral towards Jenny, but by season 6 I hated her... especially how she did Shane,.... hmmm and Bette and Tina, and Max (poor sweet ax), and pretty much everyone...
fire_eagle79 wrote:
is anybody here like "jennifer schecter"? :silly: :silly: :silly:

Re: which of The L word characters are you? 4 years 8 months ago #7713

• fire_eagle79
it's the stupid idea of aileen chaiken, their producer.

chaiken only entered on season 2. before she was only a co-producer and she's the one who fired "dana" over a 'breach of contract" which is a movie role for her and not another TV series.

they went on court for that but showtime's on the side of chaiken.

though the crew overheard them regretting the decision of killing dana because they did not expected such huge response and reaction from the all the people who's watching the series.

and not to include the hate letters for chaiken. :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

but anyway, even the welcome song of L word after season 2 sucks and yes i agree with you that the first couple of seasons were alright. until season 3.

about max... which i find it weird and gross. :silly: :silly: :silly:

i mean isn't that mind boggling and psychologically disturbed plot? I asked my bulldyke friend if that is possible... she said getting attracted to men while you're an HB is somewhat far off. (i don't know with the others here, maybe...)

Coz you're a butch... and you don't take off your clothes during your intimate moments and how did the gay guy.... do it right?

and why did she let it? provided that she's still a girl after all with the full capacity of being a woman even if you're using male oestrogen plus... even if her tummy's bulky already she's still using a schlong? :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

i mean... even if i'm the gay guy... that would really look gross? :lol:

Re: which of The L word characters are you? 4 years 8 months ago #7714

• fire_eagle79
for bette and tina... well it's common for a bisexual woman to crave for a guy after giving birth or from time to time coz it's the hormones.

I have a lot of bi friends and they could vouch for that :silly: :silly: :silly:

i just don't like the part that she hurt the mute artist... she's really good and nice and she love bette so much... she's been good to tina as well and been very understanding.

but... bette just cheated back... with her old flame... so it's kinda unfair.

that part where her boss flirted with her after she got fired (from the university) was really hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: which of The L word characters are you? 4 years 8 months ago #7715

• duangkamol
  • Expert
  • Thank you received: 23
LOL I like all the seasons of L Word, but my attitudes towards characters changed. After the first season or so I hated Jenny, but in the last couple of seasons came to see Shane in a more positive light. Tina I kind of was ambivalent about.

Max is a very complicated character. He is not a dyke, rather a female to male transsexual.Very different thing, because it comes down to identity, which is not synonymous with sexuality. And sometimes that does change with transition. Both MTF and FTM may ultimately find themselves in any of the possible categories of orientation from straight (based on gender identity - in Max's case being attracted to women) to bisexual to gay, the point, though it was stretched almost to the point of disbelief in the plot line (Max was a man who found that he was gay). The body is only one aspect of gender - gender identity can reflect birth anatomy or can be disparate from it, it can reflect hormonal influences such as exposure to "super hormones" like DST that was popularly used to prevent miscarriages in the 1950s, to chromosome abnormalities - for example some anatomical females have XY chromosomes because sufficient testosterone was not present at the right times for the fetus to develop as male, some anatomical males have XXY (some are born as true hermaphrodites such as depicted in the Argentine movie XXY though that is rare). I guess the point I am making abt Max is that though born with female anatomy his identity was not female, but male. About sex, I am no expert, but testosterone results in many physical changes including enlargement of the clitoris to the point that some FTM consider it their penis. I do think stretching it to the point of Max's pregnancy was an exaggeration and was likely exploiting the news accounts around that time in the US of an FTM who became pregnant (real life).

I can't say I identify with any of the L Word characters though the stories gripped me. I hated Jenny, was ambivalent towards Alice and Tina, because of their bisexuality - felt sad for Max especially as Jenny made life miserable for him (of course Jenny made life miserable for everyone including herself). I also thought there was too much emphasis on sex in the series and carryingit to extremes. Max's evolution into a gay man, the affairs, etc etc (for me sex is not an important thing).... Sometimes it seemed they were trying to appeal to prurient desires.

About butch taking off clothes during intimacy that depends... In Asia there seems to be an emphasis on norms such as the butch not taking her clothes off and roles of top and bottom, but in the U.S. that is less rigid and even here I know more than a few butch that don't conform to those norms and it is changing. I think that is hard for many of us from the West to grasp. For example, I am mainly (but not exclusively) attracted to tom/butch but like to be top, too I am more of a dyke - not butch but too fat to dress as eloquently as I would like - need to lose weight and pay off my debts so I can buy some of the 3000-6000 baht dresses I like - usually when I ask if they have to fit me they just laugh and I don't like big womens' fashions lol.

I will credit L Word with depicting the diversity of the lesbian community in the U.S. but I fault it in that it focused on one segment in the main - i.e. "lipstick" lesbians, with little depiction of butch.

These are of course only my thoughts....
fire_eagle79 wrote:

but anyway, even the welcome song of L word after season 2 sucks and yes i agree with you that the first couple of seasons were alright. until season 3.

about max... which i find it weird and gross. :silly: :silly: :silly:

i mean isn't that mind boggling and psychologically disturbed plot? I asked my bulldyke friend if that is possible... she said getting attracted to men while you're an HB is somewhat far off. (i don't know with the others here, maybe...)

Coz you're a butch... and you don't take off your clothes during your intimate moments and how did the gay guy.... do it right?

and why did she let it? provided that she's still a girl after all with the full capacity of being a woman even if you're using male oestrogen plus... even if her tummy's bulky already she's still using a schlong? :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

i mean... even if i'm the gay guy... that would really look gross? :lol:

Re: which of The L word characters are you? 4 years 8 months ago #7716

• fire_eagle79
Well I reckon that... it's time for the rest of the world that lesbians aren't really [all] butches so that when they saw or meet lipstick lesbians or femmes like us they wouldn't be surprised as "why?" :woohoo: this is the usual reaction that i gather from all those people when i say i'm gay. Then they'll say "why?" as in why what? :lol: :lol: as if i need to explain to them why did i become gay.

anyway as for max... the c... thing it is still there and hasn't been enlarged yet or pulled out or whatever they do it... as far as I can remember she was about to become a man... totally and fully when that "accident" happen, she was about to get an operation right? then the doctor said "we can't, coz you're pregnant..."

and yes... it is possible now for a "man" to get pregnant... but this only applies for trannies.

No... what I don't understand in that story is she's a hard butch... how in the world did she let the gay gay's thing inside of her and ....enjoy it?

let's put it this way... she's a lesbian-butch with a heart and mindset of a real macho man got attracted to another gay guy--so that makes her as a gay guy... and let the gay guy inserted his thing inside of her... so that makes her as a woman.

so... as per my analysis...that doesn't make max as a gay guy... but a bisexual woman. right?

and maybe it just so happens that she's a late bloomer. :silly:

Then as for Tina and Alice... well yeah... Alice became a full time lesbian though, but Tina craved for something that bette doesn't have and can't provide which she can only find in a guy. But it didn't last... it's only the hormones. :lol: She left the guy... coz once you've been in a relationship with a woman, it would still feel different... you would always look for something that you had rather than with a guy.

As for Jenny's role... she was ok at first but i don't know why did she turned out like a demonic biatch for the rest of the seasons as if she's the one who's spoiling the story. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

At the finale, everyone expected that they would at least insert Dana in the end coz all of the cast from season 1 were there.

As for Jenny's story with her ex husband... that happens in real life, men do get bitter too much when their wives admit that she's a lesbian and their rival is another woman. They usually ask, "what's with a woman that I don't have?" errr... isn't it obvious? Coz they think it's only based on sex or bed thing. What men don't understand is that...women needs more than that.
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds