Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: sleeping tips

sleeping tips 4 years 9 months ago #7653

• fire_eagle79
can anyone suggest how to sleep the natural way? i've been so dependent on sleeping pills for a few years now and it's not working anymore. i have to take double dosage.

i've tried milk, yoga, walking exercise... and everything. my eyes hurt already but my mind is so wide awake...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: sleeping tips 4 years 8 months ago #7704

• esta
  • Senior
  • Thank you received: 6
First of all, keep a rhythm with fixed times at which you go to sleep.

Use your bed only for sleeping, not for watching TV, app'ing on your cell phone and such.
Als make sure to relax and get ready for sleeping minimum one hour before sleeping.

So do not watch a horror movie in a brightly lit room and than go to sleep 5 minutes later.
Try to relax and do breathing excercises when you are in bed. To clear your head and relax your muscles.

Do not go for a high intensity workout one or 2 hours before going to sleep.
Do not eat two hours before sleeping and only drink water, no sugar or cafeine/teaine drinks in the evening after dinner.

Get up on time, even if you had a bad night. Your body and mind got used to the sleeping pills, So it will take time to build a natural rhythm again.
Maybe melatonin can help restore the natural balance, consult a docter for that.

There a loads of websites with tips on living and sleeping. Also to find out if you are en early riser, or nightowl etc.

So take small steps, have realistic expectations and don't get too frustrated.

Maybe earplugs can help if you are a light sleeper who wakes up easily.

Good luck
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by esta.

Re: sleeping tips 4 years 8 months ago #7707

• fire_eagle79
This has been my problem ever since I was young and maybe this is the reason why, why i didn't grow taller :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

but anyway... it only started when i broke up with ex. Been having a lot of sleepless nights, even if i took sleeping pills... would only slept for a few hours and by 6 or 7am my eyes would open up on their own and there... I'm already awake.

I tried melatonin before... it didn't worked out as well. :S

Re: sleeping tips 4 years 8 months ago #7711

• esta
  • Senior
It's very common to have sleeping problems when you're in love or heartbroken. Because you're restless/struggling.

Did you consult a doctor before starting sleeping pills or now, that you want to stop?

And I'm sure you can find somebody nearby who could teach you meditation.

Re: sleeping tips 4 years 8 months ago #7712

• fire_eagle79
my doctor gave me something before which is labeled as "high risk" when I tried purchasing same meds again have to get a new prescription and my doctor said it's not advisable anymore.

Before, ( not in love or broken hearted) when i used to work in a hotel before no matter how tired i am from work my mind just keep on rolling and rolling like a movie and that lasts for days and believe me there are times that i really wanna cry coz all i wanted is to have one straight night's sleep.

The thing is, I doze off when driving and i almost had a few accidents coz of this. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

right now, i am taking my sedative...which i know it'll doze me off but it's not working anymore. I tried cough syrup as well... :lol: :lol: :lol: now i really feel like i'm an addict. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

been working out, taking out a long a walk and more. I fall asleep while riding on a sub or train, but once i'm home already and ready to hit my bed... my mind is all wide awake.

i am not an envious person, but if there's something that i envy of some people... they fall asleep so easily and have a normal pattern of sleeping.

Re: sleeping tips 4 years 8 months ago #7718

• fish
try drinking lukewarm milk or any decongestant or phenyliphrine..

Re: sleeping tips 4 years 8 months ago #7719

• roxynemo
  • Expert
  • Thank you received: 29
Some people" count sheeps" when they cant sleep but i" count dolphins" when i have problem fall to sleep! :) maybe sounds crazy but i love to swim , snorkeling and scubadive and just close my eyes imagine im deep down in clear blue sea surrounded by dolphins , try to "close of " problems and negative thoughts as its impossible to solve anything anyway while in bed try sleep , just imagine this beautiful peaceful dolphins and the sound of water and then fall to sleep after a while zzzzzzz,

As i work different shifts as a nurse i sometime after work night shift and have to sleep at daytime wich is not easy for me i do my "dolphine thing" :) and i did download a meditation/mindfulness app on the iphone to listen to for help fall to sleep

Re: sleeping tips 4 years 8 months ago #7720

• esta
  • Senior
Fire eagle.

It sounds like you could benefit from learning meditation to stop your mind from working overtime.

And please don't use any more chemicals/pills and such.

And yes, I also envy people who can sleep in noisy and moving places. You are not alone.

Re: sleeping tips 4 years 8 months ago #7721

• fire_eagle79
fish wrote:
try drinking lukewarm milk or any decongestant or phenyliphrine..

i am not really a big fan of milk... but i tried this already before. it didn't worked for me. :blush:

Re: sleeping tips 4 years 8 months ago #7722

• fire_eagle79
roxynemo wrote:
Some people" count sheeps" when they cant sleep but i" count dolphins" when i have problem fall to sleep! :) maybe sounds crazy but i love to swim , snorkeling and scubadive and just close my eyes imagine im deep down in clear blue sea surrounded by dolphins , try to "close of " problems and negative thoughts as its impossible to solve anything anyway while in bed try sleep , just imagine this beautiful peaceful dolphins and the sound of water and then fall to sleep after a while zzzzzzz,

As i work different shifts as a nurse i sometime after work night shift and have to sleep at daytime wich is not easy for me i do my "dolphine thing" :) and i did download a meditation/mindfulness app on the iphone to listen to for help fall to sleep

i already tried this when i was 9... and the next thing i knew it's already 5am and i am still counting sheeps! :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Re: sleeping tips 4 years 8 months ago #7723

• fire_eagle79
esta wrote:
Fire eagle.

It sounds like you could benefit from learning meditation to stop your mind from working overtime.

And please don't use any more chemicals/pills and such.

And yes, I also envy people who can sleep in noisy and moving places. You are not alone.

hmmm... it's so hard... the only time that i could really get sooo drowsy and super tired is when it's already the time of the month! :S sometimes i am too sleepy...

but during the normal days...i am really finding it so hard to sleep.

meditation is good... but i usually do tai chi... good to release stress and bad energies.

i haven't tried that though... :blink:
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds