Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to make a baby in Thailand?

How to make a baby in Thailand? 6 years 3 months ago #6803

• Aana
Here is the question that is on our mind. As the topic said, how to make a baby in Thailand?

Here is the background: My partner and I want to make a baby. We have a donor who is living abroad. He can give the donation in Phuket cause he is coming for holiday. We would like to have the insemination here in BKK because we live here and the "job" would be easier to do here.

And the series of questions that we have are:

1. Where can we do the insemination? Can anyone suggest a good place or a doctor? (We want to use a doctor, because it is safer and more effective than home-trials.)
2. How can we get the donation to BKK? Is that even possible? Can the donation be transfered to BKK somehow? (If we don't transfer the guy of course :P)
3. Is this whole thing possible in Thailand? (With money I think it is...)
4. Does anyone have a clue how much it is going to cost?
5. Has anyone else done this before and could give us good hints how to make this happen?

So the question is about how to get my partner pregnant, not about is a known donor better that unknown sperm.

We would appreciate every comment that could help use to become a family with one child on way. If this becomes real and we will succeed, we promise to tell you the happy news too.
B)B)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:How to make a baby in Thailand? 6 years 3 months ago #6805

• roxx79
  • Gold
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi there,
I know of two clinics in Bangkok that will perform artificial insemination on unmarried women ('lesbian' is not really a useful term here in a country that doesn't yet fully cognise the western nature of same-sex realtionships). While the doctor may clearly know, this knowledge is tacit and it will likely cause embarrassment to the esteemed doctor to bring up that you are partners. We heard of these clinics via word of mouth and so have not investigated the extent to which other clinics will/ will not perform the procedure. Further, I prefer to be cautious and as I am not sure that these clinics would be openly pro-single-mother / lesbian-couples, I will PM you their details. The rules for Thai and Farang are different. If you (Finnish?) are going to carry the baby, then it should be possible, but if you are Thai then the requirement seems to be quite rigidly that you are married and need to show proof of this.

Aside from it being startlingly new, with fuzzy rules and unspoken accepatnce, the biggest obstacle you would face would be the transportation of Sperm. If he donates in Phuket for later use then the sperm will need to be frozen. You would need to have a clinic ready to receive / process /freeze the sperm in Phuket (and then you might as well inseminate there, no?) And he will need to donate multiple times to give enough. I know that when using frozen sperm the donor needs to donate at least 4 times to begin with, and that may be for each cycle. You will need to collect a hell of a lot more than a single cycle's worth from this donor if he is leaving, because it can take couples years to get pregnant using AI - it is very unlikely it will happen the first (and only time) you and he are together in Phuket.

My partner and I found a host of wonderful donors living in the UK and US, but we rejected that idea due to the high costs, both financially and emotionally, of having to get sperm and egg together every month across the world. If you don't collect enough, transporting sperm from where he is requires very special liquid nitrogen containers and the mediation of one clinic where the donor is, plus postage, plus mediation /storage of the clinic in Thailand. This = very expensive! perhaps 1000USD a month.

By contrast, here each visit /consultation to the doctor costs about 1000baht and each insemination is around 7000baht. If you use the clinic's sperm or a donor who lives nearby then you can reduce the costs DRAMATICALLY. I would move the donor over here for a bit, if I were you. FYI, the clinic drafted a special document for our case, as we are the very first insemination for a single mum using a known donor.

we have also found this:
forums.legalmatch.com/family-law-issues/...-look-over-form.html
Our donor wants a 'distant uncle' type role in the child's life, and so the clinic and we want to be sure that the connection he wishes to have with our baby never becomes too great and that we all know our legal position with regard to his biological paternity. We have no recourse to him for anything, and he has no rights over the child. We also plan to make another document to be notarised outlining my partner's rights should we separate, as we are not married according to UK law and she has no legal connection to the baby we have planned and chosen to make together.

We are still at the planning stage and have not had an insemination procedure yet, so cannot tell you about its success. I do however have a LOAD of (straight /married / unmarried / farang-farang-married-lesbian) friends who have become pregnant /had babies here and all report glowingly about the hospitals, clinics and treatment.

Good luck!
Here is a blog link:

lesroxxbangkok.wordpress.com/category/baby-making/

Re:How to make a baby in Thailand? 6 years 2 months ago #6844

• roxx79
  • Gold
  • Thank you received: 1
Wanted to add a new development- our clinic staff just this week started to refer to us as "fairn" rather than "peuan", which is so nice!! :)

Check out the abOve blog for progress reports :)

Re:How to make a baby in Thailand? 5 years 3 months ago #7319

• wei
I am a single woman planning to have a baby. I search through website and found out that only western countries perform artificial insemination for the lesbians/singles. Please let me know which clinics in Bangkok that will perform artificial insemination for single woman. Can I give me the name and the address of the clinics? Thank you and please reply.
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds