Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 4 years 6 months ago #7953

• Bisheep
Plz delete this
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Bisheep.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New to BKK, Ladies, Attention Please. 4 years 6 months ago #7954

• usherette1984
  • Thank you received: 4
You should come to the Lesla party next weekend. Plenty of girls to choose from :)

Re: New to BKK, Ladies, Attention Please. 4 years 6 months ago #7955

• Bisheep
ha. I'd love to. Is the activity weekly?
I'll be on a business trip next weekend. Sigh.

Re: New to BKK, Ladies, Attention Please. 4 years 6 months ago #7957

• usherette1984
Then you'll have to wait till next month. It only happens on the first Saturday of every month.

Re: New to BKK, Ladies, Attention Please. 4 years 6 months ago #7958

• fire_eagle79
looks like i'm gonna miss another party this time... :blush:

Re: New to BKK, Ladies, Attention Please. 4 years 6 months ago #7972

Hey, sorry OP, I'm going to hijack this thread for a minute.

I'm new in BKK too, and have been searching high and low for queer hangouts. Y'know, other than Sukhumvit 2 & 4. Have made a few ill-fated trips to different parts of BKK based off the advice of very helpful Toms who I stop in the street to ask, but all the lesbian bars seem to be closed?

Usherette, would you mind PM-ing me the details for the Lesla party? I want to go! I have a good friend here who has just come out and I really want to show her the wonders of queer life!

I'm also open to hanging out with anyone, as long as they're LGBTQI and/or queer-friendly. I especially like anyone who is relaxed with a good sense of humour. I mostly like hanging out over a quiet beer, but don't mind the occasional party. I'm not looking for a relationship right now, just friends. And nice ladies to set my newly outed friend up with... :whistle:

Would be nice to make some non-hetero friends here. I really miss my gays!

Re: New to BKK, Ladies, Attention Please. 4 years 6 months ago #7977

• esta
  • Senior
  • Thank you received: 6
There are some non farang/touristy gay bars on Ramkhaemhang road. It will cater mostly to men, but it's close to a university, so maybe the women won't be far ;)

I found this list on the internet, but can's say how old the information is. I visited 2 of the places 3 years ago. It had a nice vibe. But English is rarely spoken there.

Blue Club

2/F 3161 Ramkhamhaeng Rd (between Soi 81 and Soi 83), 02-732-2360. Thai-Thai music pub.

Club Love Remix

Lamsalee gay zone, Ramkhamhaeng Soi 89/2, 02-378-4345. Thai-Thai club popular with young gays and university students.

Crazy Dance Party House

Lamsalee gay zone, Ramkhamhaeng Soi 89/2, 089-444-9669. Thai-Thai club. Young crowd, lots of university students.

E-Male

62-64 Ramkhamhaeng Soi 24, Utopia Map, 02-319-6772. Local style Thai country music pub featuring drag, lip-sync, cabaret, fashion and handsome man shows. Local crowd.

Finalle

Lamsalee gay zone, Ramkhamhaeng Soi 89/2, 081-503-5398. Late night gay spot for the young Thai-Thai crowd. Cabaret shows.

Gay Town

02-314-4864 ext. 1, 081-268-7930. Another Ramkhamhaeng in-your-face homo hangout.

ICK UTOPIAN VERIFIED JAN 2011

Lamsalee gay zone, Ramkhamhaeng Soi 89/2, Utopia Map, 081-442-9472. Thai style disco-pub attracting a local and student crowd late at night.

MTV Remix

Ramkamhaeng Soi 24, 02-319-8340. One of the many little gay venues opening near Ramkhamhaeng University. Expect very Thai style entertainment, young crowd, pop beats and Thai conversation (if you can even hear each other). Lerrrttt khaaa! (faaabulous).

Zee's Zone

Lamsalee gay zone, Ramkhamhaeng Soi 89/2, 086-733-8273. Another Thai-style club attracting locals and university students.

Re: New to BKK, Ladies, Attention Please. 4 years 6 months ago #7981

• roxynemo
  • Expert
  • Thank you received: 29
Must check out this Ramkhaemhang aeria while back in Bkk :) Sounds interesting as its obviously not so much farangs/tourists around there (even im a farang/tourist) myself ;)

Re: New to BKK, Ladies, Attention Please. 4 years 6 months ago #7985

• duangkamol
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert
  • Thank you received: 23
@Roxynemo, the non-farang areas are the best ones... And a lot more opportunities to experience Bangkok and Thailand. Since I moved here in 2009 I've lived in Bangplad, Minburi and Chatuchak (on Lad Phrao) and I wouldn't trade any of them for the farang ghettos (largely self created ones)... Plus tomboys everywhere,:).

Re: New to BKK, Ladies, Attention Please. 4 years 6 months ago #7986

• roxynemo
  • Expert
I so much agree with u Duangkamol :)
Much more interesting and nicer to hang around aerias with Thais and locals and get away fast as possible from the "farang ghettos" as Khaosan for example.
A few years ago i stayed with my x gf (thai) in a condo we rented at On nut aeria . at least where we stayed it was not many farangs around and i loved to feel i was a part of the Thai community. I gonna be in Bkk fr this autumn and stay quite a few month as i gonna study online towards Sweden and my job here and think its better to sit in Bkk then than here in Stockholm and looking online for apartment to rent , have looked at a few around on nut and also mo chit aeria, mostly checked the web sites bkkcondofinder.com and thaiapartment.com
Have to look around when arrive in Bkk .Do u know any more good websites for rent apartment in Bkk?

Re: New to BKK, Ladies, Attention Please. 4 years 6 months ago #7987

Is anyone able to send me the details (where/what time) for the Lesla party this weekend? I'd be much obliged!

Esta, thanks so much for all that info! Anyone know if this one is still open?
E-Male

62-64 Ramkhamhaeng Soi 24, Utopia Map, 02-319-6772. Local style Thai country music pub featuring drag, lip-sync, cabaret, fashion and handsome man shows. Local crowd.

I know it's a dude bar (handsome man show, anyone?), but I live for drag.

Re: New to BKK, Ladies, Attention Please. 4 years 6 months ago #7988

• usherette1984
It's near BTS Ekamai. Go towards Big C and near it there's a club called "Sonic" with a huge statue of a guy covered in some white goo and with sunglasses on (I know, right?). Not sure what time it starts, but no reason to be there before 9 pm.

Re: New to BKK, Ladies, Attention Please. 4 years 6 months ago #7989

• Natalieee
I havent been to the newer venue for Lesla yet, how does it compare to the old one? I found it really difficult to talk to people and meet new people because everyone just stood at their own tables. i'm also very shy which didn't help haha.

Re: New to BKK, Ladies, Attention Please. 4 years 6 months ago #7990

• duangkamol
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert
@Roxy I have almost always had Thai friends help me... the place where I live now is a soi I lived before and convenient so I targeted this area. A Thai friend came w me, and this place was really reasonable so I took it (4500 baht for a 30 sqm room with air and hot water in the shower), newer building, and lots of places to eat... not many pubs though, sigh... The people are nice here, not as outgoing as I found them in Bangplad and Minburi but very nice... Seems a lot of toms and dys here lol... You asked in the shoutbox before abt Ngamwongwan, that is a nice area, and cheap, but transportation could be an issue... My place now is just abt 2 km from the Ladphrao MRT station and lots of buses so convenient, .... Do you have a friend that can maybe look a bit for u ahead of time?

Grace

Re: New to BKK, Ladies, Attention Please. 4 years 6 months ago #7991

• esta
  • Senior
  • Thank you received: 6
Spacehyphen wrote:
Is anyone able to send me the details (where/what time) for the Lesla party this weekend? I'd be much obliged!

Esta, thanks so much for all that info! Anyone know if this one is still open?
E-Male

I know it's a dude bar (handsome man show, anyone?), but I live for drag.

All the places on the list are on/near Ramkhamhaeng road.

So, either try to phone in advance.
Or just start at the one that sounds more interesting. If it's disappointing, then take a short taxi ride and check out the places at soi 89/2.
They were walking distance apart.

Have fun.

Re: New to BKK, Ladies, Attention Please. 4 years 6 months ago #7992

• Bisheep
I really wanna go. In June. I will go to the one in Jun!

Re: New to BKK, Ladies, Attention Please. 4 years 6 months ago #7993

• roxynemo
  • Expert
Sawadee ka @duangkamol
Thanks for the information kha! i have a couple of friends over there who can help me and if i behave well

Re: New to BKK, Ladies, Attention Please. 4 years 6 months ago #7994

• roxynemo
  • Expert
Hi again Duangkamol and thanks again for info! something went wrong with my laptop :ohmy: :S
what i gonna say is that if i behave well ;) even my x gf might help me in search for living in Bkk.

Looking forward to be back in Bkk and would be nice go out for a Pint of Guiness together now and then !
Veronika

Re: New to BKK, Ladies, Attention Please. 4 years 6 months ago #7995

• duangkamol
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert
LOL I know a few places to have Guinness, alas in the farang ghettos, but Guinness is the only thing that tempts me to Nana LOL... Have you tried Beer Lao dark yet?

LOL if I had a nice gf here on Ladphrao though I would not I think be tempted for Guinness...

Gotta sleep now, have to get a re-entry permit in the morning so when I leave next week, I can come back to the true land of the free in a couple of weeks... :) Chan rak meung Thai, bpen bpratheet dii maak tiisuk ka....I love Thailand, it is the best country...

Grace

Re: New to BKK, Ladies, Attention Please. 4 years 6 months ago #7996

• roxynemo
  • Expert
Hi Grace!
yeah, i have tried beer lao dark :) Tasty indeed ;) i Like the whole country Laos, peacefull and laidback , maybe as Thailand was bfore the "mass tourism" took over Thailand?? I used to go a few times to Laos for "visa runs" meet a lao family in Vientiane that always take care me and invite me to stay in there home.So lovely people!
where are u heading for ur Visa?
xx Veronika

Re: New to BKK, Ladies, Attention Please. 4 years 6 months ago #7997

• duangkamol
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert
I have heard that abt Laos, I have never been though... Was not a visa, just permit to re-enter Thailand, am going on a research trip to Malaysia and Singapore... My visa is good for a year, but if I leave without re-entry permit I will lose it lol....

Re: New to BKK, Ladies, Attention Please. 4 years 6 months ago #7998

• roxynemo
  • Expert
aha, ok Grace :) wish u nice trip to Malaysia and Singapore! And if u have opportunity go Laos later on i highly reccomend it , nice people and athmosphere , nice country to relax and chill in and nice food as it was French colony long time ago get some great Lao,French mix food and nice wines :) Only one time i had bad bad experience there, it was in capital Vientiane and i had rent a bike and was stupid enough to put my bag in in basket front of bike and 2 guys on moto bike drive past took my bag with passport ,money, iphone , creditcard and all !!! Was quite horrible experience but i decided not to be a "drama queen" scream, cry and freak out, just tried be sensible and i got help from nice people there who gave me some money and help me to Swedish consulate to apply for a temporary passport so i could go back Thailand. I was of course kind of upset but happy i was alive and thought that worser things can happen and can happen enywhere in world , and as most people in Laos are very poor i hoped they enjoyed my money! i been back since that and will go again for sure :(

Re: New to BKK, Ladies, Attention Please. 4 years 6 months ago #8001

• duangkamol
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert
@Roxy unfortunately every place has some bad people, but I am glad everything came through for u OK after that... I have been very lucky, something like that would definitely traumatize me... A lot of my Thai friends here think I am too trusting,... zip my purse shut if I am walking and it is open... Hopefully u will not have any experiences like that in the future.... alaysia and Singapore will be a bit crazy, since I am going on a project for friends here... :) But they make Guinness there so hoping cheap Guinness at least :D

Re: New to BKK, Ladies, Attention Please. 4 years 6 months ago #8003

• roxynemo
  • Expert
Hi Grace!
yeah, i also hope not need that kind of experience again, the incident was of course rather traumatic but as im quite strong mentally and in the end try think it could always be worser i got throw it . When i at last arriwed to Thailand again i wasnt in the best mood but tried think like..well, im alive and uninjured and hoped that the money this boys took from me would be used for their familys for importand neccesary items ?? :S maybe naive thinking of me but i hoped so!
Sounds great u be able enjoy some cheaper Guiness in Singapore ;) Rather expensive in Bkk the Guiness, almost same prices as here in Sweden :huh: but now and then is nice put some extra bath in for the good old Guiness than Chang and Singha, indeed! :)
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds