Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Teachers Finding work

Teachers Finding work 5 years 9 months ago #7109

• Jamm
Hello All

I need some advice from other Teachers.

I'm going to be heading to Thailand in August and hoping to finish my CELTA at the end of September and then find a job.

I already have a B.Ed plus QTS and 5 years of teaching experience under my belt, ICT and Computing not English though.

I would like some advice about finding work, how difficult is it going to be?

I'm hearing some horror stories about draconian dress codes, I'm not adverse to dressing smartly but I haven't worn a skirt since 1979.

Any advice is welcome.
Cheers
Jody
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Teachers Finding work 5 years 9 months ago #7110

• raeniou
Good Luck
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by raeniou.

Re: Teachers Finding work 5 years 9 months ago #7119

• 2chance
  • Junior
Hi Jody,

My girlfriend did her CELTA last year and is now working as a teacher at a school where, of course, formal clothing is needed. I was never a teacher but I have always been a student so I can only say something from a student's point of view : ) A dress code is very common if you work for public schools or universities, and as I remember, I have never seen any of my high school teachers nor university professors/lecturers worn pants to class.

Anyway, if you go for a language institute instead of a school or a university, the dress code is more relaxed. Anything that looks quite formal, even smart casual, would be okay--again, this is from what I have seen at some language institutes : )
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds